Due to increasing practical needs, the software support of environmental protection and research is continuously growing in importance and scope. Smart devices enable us watching environmental situation and ask for new technical and human friendly solutions.
The goal of the WG is to foster the improved application of Information Technology in environmental research, monitoring, assessment, management and policy.
The WG tries to achieve this goal by
- establishing a platform / forum amongst and between ICT and environmental professionals,
- performing knowledge-centric conferences worldwide to exchange information about state-of-the-art technology and prepare the ground for future,
- providing expert advice to government, multinational organisations and industry,
- providing strategy and polici makers with intuitive ICT concepts and solutions,
- collaborating with third parties.